Some of the aspects described in this Policy also pertain to matters of a technical nature. We have done our utmost to explain them simply and clearly.
If, after reading this Policy, you find that it does not conform to your views or desires, please refrain from using services provided by The MOFET Institute, or from providing any personal information to The MOFET Institute. We will be sorry if this is the case, but that is your right, and we will respect your decision.
If you have any questions or queries concerning this Policy and use of your personal information, please write to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the purposes of this Policy, “information” refers to personally identifiable information about a person (as opposed to a company or corporation), as defined in the Protection of Privacy Law, 5741-1981.
- What data do we collect?
- How do we use the information?
- What are your options?
- Who do we share the information with?
- How will organizational changes in the company affect protection of my personal information?
- How do we use unidentifiable statistical information?
- Where is the information stored?
- How long is the information kept?
- How do we make changes to this Policy?
- How do we protect the information about you?
- What about the privacy practices of third parties?
- How does the Policy mesh with the terms and conditions for use of the MOFET website?
- Do you want to talk?
This Policy governs the information used in all your channels of communication with The MOFET Institute, e.g., via internet, telephone, electronic and regular mail, text messages, and face-to-face conversations.
This Policy also governs all the information used as part of the services provided by The MOFET Institute, e.g., the MOFET Institute Online Shop, projects in which The MOFET Institute participates, courses, and any other activity between you and The MOFET Institute involving information about you.
The MOFET Institute is committed to the highest standards of privacy protection and information security. We invest substantial resources and efforts in securing and protecting the information in order to prevent its unauthorized or illegal use.
This Policy describes how we collect, use, share, and store your personal information. We are required by law to obtain some personal information from you in order to provide you with our services.
You are not legally bound to provide any additional details we may request; however, in some cases, we will not be able to provide you with services unless we receive these details.
We collect the following data:
Information you provide. For example, in the process of registering for a course or workshop, when you contact us in writing or on social media, websites, and other applications, or when you make purchases in the Online Shop, e.g., name, address, email address, telephone number, ID number, MOFET Institute products and services you are interested in, and more.
We also collect the information you provide in your conversations with MOFET Institute representatives. For example, for registration and ongoing administration purposes.
Information about you from The MOFET Institute’s databanks. For example, information on additional services and products you have purchased from The MOFET Institute.
Information about your use of our services. For example, information about your participation in courses, or technical information that enables us, among other things, to monitor and implement information security tools, and to improve customer experience, to which we are committed.
Information about your use of The MOFET Institute website. When using our website, it automatically records information about your activity (log data). The following are a few examples of the kind of data we collect:
Log Data - when you use The MOFET Institute website, our servers automatically record information sent from the website.
This log data includes the IP address assigned to your device for internet access, your browser details and settings, when you visited the website, how you used the website, and information stored in cookies.
Cookies and Trackers – cookies are small files stored on your device when you use the website. For example, to improve website performance, to document your entry to/exit from the website, and to identify actions you performed on the website, and your preferences.
Some cookies are deleted when you exit your browser, and others are stored on your device for a certain period of time. You can view the types of cookies we use and their expiration dates in your browser settings. We use different types of cookies, as well as tags and other trackers, for example to improve the website, and user experience.
Information from your device. In addition to Log Data, we also collect information from your device. For example, device type, your browser, and the IP address your device uses to connect to the internet.
Information received from third parties. For example, information about you that we receive from colleges where you participated in courses or workshops.
We collect information about you, and use it for the following purposes:
- To process your request to register for MOFET Institute services or products (including purchase of a course or workshop, submitting a research proposal, and more).
- To provide you with services, and help us with ongoing activities associated with the administration, control, and security of MOFET Institute services and systems, to perform improvements and additions, and to provide additional services.
- To comply with the accountability requirements to which we are bound, e.g., towards the Ministry of Education.
- To protect you, the services you receive, and The MOFET Institute.
- To manage risks and legal procedures, as well as any other procedures before a competent authority.
- To send you messages, applications, questionnaires, surveys, and additional information regarding MOFET Institute services and activities.
- Messages we send you by various means (e.g., notifications on the website, by post, email, call center, automatic dialing, and text messages) may also include personalized promotional information about products and services.
- To comply with the provisions of the law or competent authority, e.g., courts of law.
- To produce statistical data as detailed in this Policy.
Our aim is to clearly present the data we collect, and to enable simple choice. For example, you can:
- Prevent The MOFET Institute and its vendors from storing cookies on your device by means of your browser settings. Please note that this may affect your ability to use the website.
- Reset the advertising identifier on your device by going into the Settings section. This will break the connection between your actions that have been documented for advertising purposes in accordance with your preferences, and your future actions.
Please note: The MOFET Institute has no control over the settings and options available on your browser or the operating system on your device.
- Instruct us to stop sending you promotional messages. We will stop sending you such messages in accordance with the provisions of the law within a reasonable time, in accordance with operational limitations, after receiving such instruction.
- View your personal information stored in The MOFET Institute’s databanks, and request that incorrect, incomplete, unclear, or out-of-date details be corrected or removed in accordance with and subject to the provisions of the law.
We share information with colleges, the Ministry of Education, and others, in order to fulfill the purposes for which your personal information is collected, in accordance with this Policy.
We share information with other companies operating services associated with those provided by The MOFET Institute, and companies that help us to provide our services to you, e.g., clearing houses.
We also share information with companies that help us to fulfill our commitment to you and your personal information, e.g., information security and cybersecurity companies, and companies that help us to protect your rights, and those of other MOFET Institute customers, as well as those of The MOFET Institute itself, its partners, and vendors.
If necessary, we will provide information to law enforcement authorities, investigating and other authorities, e.g., Israel National Cyber Directorate, courts of law, and additional entities involved in legal procedures.
The information will be provided to these authorities in accordance with the law, and in order to protect your rights and those of other customers, and the interests of The MOFET Institute, its business partners, and vendors.
In the event that we merge our activities with another company, that we are acquired by another company, that we change our organizational structure, or that we transfer or sell any activity or service, the new company will step into our shoes and use your personal information in accordance with this Policy.
In the digital age, many services rely on using and processing statistical data. Uses are diverse, and help, among other things, in generating business insights, information security, channeling information organization efforts, and in development and innovation.
We will collect, transfer, and share information of this kind for business and administrative purposes. When we use this kind of information, we will not take any action that may knowingly reveal identifiable details about you.
The information we collect is stored and processed in our databanks, which are maintained on The MOFET Institute’s computer systems, and with server-hosting and backup providers, which may be located outside Israel.
The information is stored in accordance with accepted data protection standards, and in accordance with applicable regulatory requirements.
Additional information, as detailed in this Policy, is collected and stored by other companies (e.g., data processing and analysis companies, information security companies, and so forth). They, too, may store the information outside Israel.
Privacy protection in other countries, as well as the authority of competent authorities with regard to access to your personal information, may differ from those in Israel. By accepting this Policy, you are also consenting to your information being stored abroad.
We keep identifiable personal information for as long as required for us to fulfill the purposes of for which your personal information is collected, in accordance with this Policy and the provisions of the law.
Thereafter, we may keep the information if necessary, e.g., if we need to keep information required for the purpose of preparing for the possibility of a legal procedure, or for documentation and archival purposes.
We may also keep non-identifiable data and details without limitation. We will delete or remove identifiable details from information we no longer require as identifiable information, as necessary.
We will publish advance notification of any anticipated changes to the Policy, and the date they are due to come into effect.
The MOFET Institute is committed to a high standard of information security. We invest substantial efforts in information security and protection methods in order to ensure protection of your privacy and the confidentiality of your data.
If you feel your privacy has been breached, we are sorry. We will be happy to stand at your disposal, and will respond to your complaint as soon as possible.
Please write to us at: email@example.com.
Last updated on: 2/5/2021.
If you have any questions or queries regarding this Policy and use of your personal information, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.